Thursday, February 28, 2019

BookMarks with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing  some cute bookmarks that I created using the adorable February Creative Kit, Loves Me Collection from Pebbles.

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I designed some sweet bookmarks using this wonderful collection I thought these would make cute Valentine cards especially as I like to give my kids books on Valentine's Day.
Using the patterned papers and white cardstock  I cut  2”×7” rectangles and punched the shape of the tag and the hole at the top using a Stampin’ Up Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. If you don’t have a tag punch you could use a corner round punch and a hole punch or simply cut the corners off at an angle.

There was a red dye ink pad and clear chevron stamp included  in the monthly kit which were great to use for the back of the bookmarks. I stamped the white cardstock  using the red ink and chevron stamp, inked all around  the edges and adhered them together.
To embellish the bookmarks, I decided to make some origami hearts to hug them. And because they have a little pocket I was able to use some of the sweet tags and ephemera  tucked in the hearts. Lastly I used some DMC floss to make  tassels.
*To make the hearts cut a 4 ½” square piece of paper.
*Fold it in half and half again and open up.

*Fold the bottom of the paper up to the middle crease, and then quarter turn your paper and fold up the bottom corners to the middle creating a triangular edge.

 *Quarter turn and bring the bottom center point to the top and fold, quarter turn again.
*Use your finger to make an opening in the middle and flatten to form a triangle, fold a triangle from the outer edge and a tiny triangle from peak. Repeat on other side.
*Turn over and fold the areas behind the heart.

And there you have your origami heart which can also be used as a bonus bookmark!



You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!! Happy Scrapping!!!


No comments: