Thursday, September 27, 2018

Home Sweet Home with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing a home decor piece that was created using the beautiful September Main Kit.

 It has been a while since I have cross stitched, so when I saw all the home sweet home references in this months kit, the elements gave me the idea to create an embroidery hoop decor piece.

 I painted an 8” embroidery hoop using this beautiful color called catching rays by Art minds. Once the paint was completely dry I sanded the hoop with my Dremel tool to remove some of the paint and added metallic wax in rose gold which gives the hoop a vintage look which I love.


 Using my Cricut I cut out the word home twice, one of the words included in this months cut file.
I choose 4 of the patterned papers from the kit which I fussy cut to back the cut file letters.


 The floral and stem pieces are from the ephemera included in the kit. I positioned the pieces to curve around the hoop, tacked them together with a little tape, and ran them through my sewing machine stitching them together using white thread.

For the word sweet, I used a pencil and hand wrote the word sweet lightly in the middle, then hand stitched it in a mustard color floss, For dimension, 3D foam squares were added to the back of both of the words home and I placed them above and directly below sweet.

The flowers around the hoop were attached using hot glue, and the house sticker was backed with ¼” thick foam then hot glued to the bottom right of the hoop between the flower clusters. I also added some of the gold leaf ephemera behind the flower clusters.

Here is the finished piece which has now found a home on my dining room wall.


You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!! Happy Scrapping!!!

1 comment:

Megan Flynn - Papercraft Artist said...

Wow what great piece, looks so easy to do as well, thanks for sharing this