Thursday, June 7, 2018

Heart of Gold with Zelda!

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a step by step pictorial of my layout Heart Of Gold that I created using the fabulous June Creative Kit!

I must confess I have maybe only scrapbooked about a dozen or so of my wedding pictures! After looking through this lovely kit, and seeing all of the stitched frames and the wood veneers, I was inspired to scrap one of my wedding pictures.

I chose the heart of gold veneer to use as my title, which then gave me the idea to sketch a large heart onto white card stock. I measured to the center of the paper at 6” and down from the top at 4”. I marked this spot with an x, and placed another x in the center of the page, ½” from the bottom. I then made another couple of markings at 3” across and 1½” down on both sides for the top of the heart. 

Once I had my markings in place I lightly sketched out a heart.


Using my paper piercing tool, I poked holes around the perimeter of the heart about every centimeter. I then erased the pencil markings and stitched around the heart using gold DMC floss.



In this month’s kit there is a lovely golden geometric ombré paper, which I decided to use to cut out a heart to fit inside of the stitched heart. I then distressed the edges of the heart and inked the edges with some distress ink. From the left over ombré paper I punched out a bunch of little hearts and placed them diagonally on the layout.



I chose a black and white picture that I trimmed down to 4x5. I picked out 4 of the stitched frames and backed my photo with them; cutting some of them in half so I could have parts of the frames showing around the outside of the photo. Using some 3D dimensional dots I popped my photo onto some black corrugated cardstock.


For some added texture I put cheesecloth behind my photo after I had dyed it with some Mr. Huey’s color mist.


I created some enamel dots using some of my nail polish in gold glitter and black faux leather. I just let drops of nail polish fall from the nail brush onto some packaging and then let it dry overnight. I used my fine tip glue pen to adhere my DIY enamel dots to my page and finally I added some black splatters.


Here is my completed layout!

 Hope you like it! You can follow me at my IG page https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/ and my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!!
Happy Scrapping 😊

No comments: