Friday, June 22, 2018

Blessed with Monique

Hello everyone, it's Monique here, with a detailed step-by-step of my "Blessed" layout. The June kit with the Early Bird collection from Bo Bunny contained the most amazing papers, like the sheet with all the clocks, which was definitely one of my favorites!

This is the page I made:


Here's how I created it: I started with the white cardstock and selected five different color mists, inks, etc.. which I sprayed and splattered horizontally over the center of my white cardstock like this:



Also included in the kit is this stamp set from 1Canoe 2 and I used a few of the stamps for my background as well:



I placed my photo on the cardstock background, below the stamped word "love" and punched and cut a series of clocks from the "Clocks" sheet:



Moving the clocks this way and that I came up with this design, which I quite liked. Except for the 10 clocks I also added a few die-cuts (butterfly and flowers):


I cut two strips from the paper "Time Flies" and adhered these at the top and bottom of my layout. I also added a few more die-cuts (bird, flower and another butterfly) and adhered the wood veneer word "blessed" on my photo:


Of course I needed to add some machine stitching:


and some hand written journaling:


After stamping the date (twice) my page was finished!


Two more close-ups:



This is it! Hope you like it!

Here's the photo of the June Main Kit. If you wish to read more about it and how you can secure one for yourself then please visit the MCS website.


Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog

2 comments:

Marjan said...

I do LOVE this Lay-out! So much to see and I the layering and colours against the white are beautiful!

Monique Liedtke said...

Thanks Marjan! It’s not my ususal type of layout but I loved making it. Playing with inks can be really fun!