Thursday, April 12, 2018

Get Festive with Monique!

Hello MCS fans, it's Monique here today sharing my step-by-step tutorial for this festive layout I created using the April Main Kit.

I totally adore all Pebbles Inc. collections and was so very happy Pam included lots of the Jen Hadfield Patio Party collection in this kit!

Here's the layout I created and I thought I'd show you how it came together:


As the photo is one of my son celebrating his 18th birthday I wanted to create a special page, a very festive & happy one. After a bit of thinking I came up with the idea of creating garlands and placing them over the entire page.

I got started and using this very handy punch I punched a whole lot of little flags:


I used a few strips of paper cut from two different sheets only. As the sheets are double-sided I had more than enough different patterns to choose from.

Next I decided where I wanted the garlands to be on my page and using a pencil & ruler to draw thin lines:


I used a tiny bit of glue to adhere the flags, but left white space where I wanted to place the photo later-on:


Using my trusted sewing machine I stitched the flags into place:



Before continuing on my page I erased the pencil lines. The photo and embellishing came next. I matted the photo twice, added one of the Thickers words and chose a few die-cuts & a card and adhered these all.


I wrote the journaling along the lines of the garland, included a date stamp and added a few paint drops and I was done!

Here are a few close-ups:


I adhered some of the die-cuts with adhesive foam dots:


And I chose some of my favorite die-cuts, like this awesome flamingo:



This is it! Hope you like it!

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! Wishing you happy scrapping!
xx
Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog

No comments: