Thursday, September 14, 2017

Paper Strips with Lee Ann!

Hello friends! Today I thought I would share a quick tutorial on how I created the paper strip base of this layout using paper strips from the September Creative Kit at My Creative Scrapbook.

Supplies 

1 - 12X12 sheet of white cardstock
Paper trimmer
Scissors
Tape runner adhesive
Several paper strips from the September Creative Kit

Instructions

With a paper trimmer cut four squares of white cardstock measuring 4 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.




Cut several paper strips 1/2 inch wide by at least 4 1/2 inches long.


Starting at the left side, adhere paper strips to white cardstock square.


Add another paper strip to the bottom edge of the white cardstock square being sure to adhere the left edge of the paper strip up against the first paper strip edge as shown below. Trim the edges flush with the white cardstock edge.


Continue adding paper strips to the left hand side and the bottom side as shown. 






Continue in this fashion until paper strips are covering the entire square. Repeat with all four squares of white cardstock.  The four squares are now complete. On another note, I don't know what happened, but I accidentally deleted the last few photos of paper strips to complete each cardstock square, but I am hoping that you get the idea. 

As you can see on my layout below, I added the four paper strip squares to the brown background paper as shown below. I chose to add the squares so they are about half an inch apart matching up the paper strips and having the direction of the paper strips appear like one large square. I thought they looked like two large brackets like these...[ ] . 

To complete my layout I added the the digital cut files that were included in the kit and cut them on white cardstock with my electronic die cutting machine placing them on the page and then adding the photo, title and embellishments. Finally, I tried out my new sewing machine and machine stitched a scalloped stitch in aqua thread around the edge of the brown paper background.


Here are some closeups of my layout.








I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and give this a try. It is a great way to use up papers from the kit.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.