Monday, July 24, 2017

Summer Treats Process Video with Laura!

Hello! I am back sharing another layout and process video for My Creative Scrapbook, I wanted to use a lot of patterns from the kit, in a fun way and decided that a "sunburst" was a perfect way to do that!


The only real trick is to ensure that any patterns that run a specific direction, continue to do so.  In my case it was only the stripes that I needed to be mindful of.

I added some machine stitching on each ray and ruffled up the edges for a bit of dimension.


I combined a cardstock sticker and the alphas from the kit to create my title.


I have been pretty good about adding journalling lately, maybe letting myself embellish it helps to drive me to write!


I added a few more embellishments clusters than usual on this page, I love t he way it looks!


I combined a chipboard star and two fussy cut clouds to draw the eye to the centre of my sunburst. As a finishing touch, I added splatters of white mist.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Simple Stories "Summer Days"  patterned paper (so much fun, hello sunshine, beat the heat, soak up the sun, 4 x 6 horizontal elements), chipboard stickers, cardstock stickers, bits and pieces, and 4 x 6 stickers. (From my stash) American Crafts kraft paper; crochet thread; white Mr. Huey's mist; Sharpie; teal Gelly Roller.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: