Monday, April 10, 2017

Hello Easter video process with Laura!

Hey there!  I am sharing a new layout along with a process video today, using the April Main Kit from  My Creative Scrapbook!


This month the kit features heavily the Pink Paislee "Oh My Heart" collection, which is so vibrant and colourful!  It immediately said Easter and coloured eggs to me.  Even though this isn't my first share with the kit, this is in fact the first layout I created and I had so much fun with it!


This paper especially called to me, I knew it would be fun to punch out the various patterns from those squares to create a fun design!


I die cut a large egg shape with my Silhouette, but this is a simple enough shape that you could easily print out a template and free hand cut it if you do not have an electronic die cutting machine. Then I proceeded to layer half circles over my base (solid) egg shape to create the scalloped look, making sure I scattered the colours around the design.

Once my shape was filled I layered the outline over top, adhered it into place with a little bit of glue and then added the machine stitching around it.


My title is comprised of a chipboard piece from Dear Lizzy and some white foam Thickers, I trimmed the "underlines" off of the chipboard element and used them below the word "Easter" to tie the pieces together and get more bang for the buck, as they say!  I also trimmed a couple of small flowers off of the floral die cut below my title, and used them to adorn the top of my title. It is a great way to be a little more thrifty and have your package of ephemera go a little farther.
 

My photos were layered over this pretty pink gingham paper, which helps them stand out a bit better amidst all of these fun patterns.


I also added a tag and a petty blue chipboard piece as layers behind my photo.

Final steps included adding a bit of crochet twine to my tag and sprinkling some Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine around my page.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Pink Paislee Oh My Heart patterned papers {01, 10, 24, 19} and ephemera; Dear Lizzy Lovely chipboard phrase stickers; Thickers Thick and Thin Foam letter stickers. (From my stash) Misc. crochet thread; SpiegelMom Scraps "What's Up Buttercup" sequins; Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine; Sharpie.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo


 

No comments: