Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Video Process with Laura!

Hey there!  I am sharing another layout as well as a process video today.  This page was created for  My Creative Scrapbook using the March main kit!


I love the blue and orange combination of some of the elements in this month's kit, so I combined it with the fun bird and chicken elements also in the kit to document this story of the time my youngest son got to visit the school my husband worked at before his retirement, to play with the baby ducks they were hosting.  Our son was homeschooled at the time so this was a real treat!

After creating the layers of photos and patterned paper behind them off of my page, I used it to determine where to add the mixed media on my background. First I came in with some Faded Jeans Distress Ink and afterward I added some Ranger Texture Paste, both with the same polka dot stencil that came in the kit. I was hoping to achieve a light and bright look to my mixed media elements.


I love layered and clustered embellishments so of course I had fun with the die cuts and puffy stickers from the kit!


I also added in some machine stitching for another fun bit of texture.


Feeling like my page was missing something, I added in a corner element with some patterned paper and a small cluster of embellishments.


I also added two strips of patterned paper to the bottom of my layout and stitched them in place.  Final steps were a splattering of orange paint and yellow mist, as well as some handwritten journalling.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a look at the kit contents!


Supply List: (from the kit) Simple Life patterned papers {Blue Meadow, Bike Ride, branding strip from Growing Floral}, clear stickers, puffy stickers, phrase stickers, and die cuts; Heidi Swapp Polka Dot Stencil. (from my stash) Hemptique twine; Ranger Texture Paste; machine stitching; Faded Jeans Distress Ink; American Crafts white textured cardstock;Plaid orange acrylic paint; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Gathered Twig Distress marker; yellow Smooch Spritz.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: