Thursday, December 8, 2016

How to use your monthly cut files in a fun way by Kat Benjamin

Guest Designer Kat Benjamin is featuring our December Main Kit today with an idea about how to use your monthly cut files in a fun way.


1.  Select a shape from the monthly cut files that you would like to repeat and create a strip of the repeating shape across the top of your page.  For my layout I chose the cute Christmas tree.  When I traced the image in my Silhouette software, I chose to only trace the outer edge.  I loved the little ornaments in the shape, but I knew I was only going to be using the negatives of my cut, so I decided to leave that portion out.

2.  Select a few different colors of mist and mist over the cut outs before removing the paper from your cutting mat.  I chose red and gold mists and decided to keep my mist concentrated just over the cut outs.

3. After mist has dried, removed paper from cutting sheet.  Back cut outs with the pretty patterned papers in your kits and embellish as you see fit.  I cut apart the cute rhinestone trim to create garlands for some of my trees and used the wood veneer stars as tree toppers for a few others.

4.  Finish layout!!

Here’s my final project a bit larger:


Here is the December Main Kit:

To see more beautiful creations made with the contents of this kit, please visit our inspiring Design Team Gallery

For more information about our kits, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: