Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas Wreath Tutorial with Christine

Design Team Member Christine is sharing a tutorial with us today on how to use your Main Kit to create a wreath.

-------------------------------

The last few months I have created wreaths using the scraps from my kit.  This month I thought I'd share with you a brief tutorial on how I made this Christmas one.  

It's very similar to the wreath I made here - with a couple of little differences.  Since it was for a different season, I didn't mind making something similar. I also really like this wreath because it doesn't require a lot of supplies and it doesn't require a lot of time.  Some wreaths can be quite a job - this is not one of those.

First you are going to want to cut your strips to use.  I cut mine 1 1/4 inches X 12 inches for this one.  Your width can be anywhere from 1 inch to 1.5 inches and still work well.  I used 32 strips for mine - this number will vary slightly depending how you overlap them - but that's a good jumping off point.

Wrap each strip around a foam wreath form.  I used an 8 inch wreath form.  Add a dap of  hot glue to secure the strip to the wreath form and secure the ends together.  A fast drying liquid adhesive would also work just fine.

As you go be sure to overlap each strip so that you cover up the wreath form.

To finish the whole thing off I used a border punch and punched the ends of each strip.  Last time I did a notch.  It creates a different look - use your creativity here for what you think will look best in your home.  You could leave it like this or you could decorate the center as I did.  I hand cut a banner shape to go across the middle and then just added some left over embellishments from my kit to decorate the right side.  Again, this is an area where you can use your creativity to make something beautiful!

----------------------------------

Check out these beautiful creations that Christine made with our Main Kit.







Here's the December Main Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, please visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com



1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

This is so perfect, I love this