Friday, July 24, 2015

A Layout Walk-through by Sandi Clarkson

Design Team member Sandi Clarkson is up today with a closer look at one of her beautiful layouts created with our July Limited Edition kit!

--------------------


Hello, everyone! 
Sandi here with you today sharing a quick tutorial. 
I heard through the grapevine that some of you ladies like to see projects with less mixed media and more of just the papers and embellishments from the Kit. So, this layout kind of fits the bill. It has minimal mixed media and is mainly just product from the July Limited Edition Kit. 

Because I knew that I would be adding some stenciled work, I did apply clear Gesso to both sides of the  hot pink paper and let each side dry before continuing to the next. Then, instead of using modeling paste with my stencil, I used super heavy gesso which is so much whiter. It does seem to be a bit runnier and has a tendency to bleed through but I like it's white-ness. 

Anyway,  I am so happy that paper tearing has truly come back in vogue with a vengeneance, not that I ever gave it up. But I can really do it with abandon right now because it's the "thing" to do! The printed paper was torn true to how the design would be if it were still all one sheet of paper. I loved that printed paper and thought the houses and butterflies were so gorgeous! Of course laying it on the hot pink paper really makes the colors and designs pop even more!  



This close-up shows how the white core is dominant which I generally prefer. It kind of depends on what I'm doing … and I do go back and for the using it and not using it. That black piece of twine is from my stash. I've had it for 100 years! You probably have some too! 



I had so much fun working on this center cluster and really piled on the layers! Lots of paper. chipboard, flowers, feathers, netting, parts and pieces from the Kit. Omigosh! There was tons of product in this Kit and I was determined to use it all! 

You can see in the background where I used my butterfly stamp. My original intent was to stamp the butterfly and then fussy cut them but I have been a super busy girl this summer and opted to try them this way and was very happy with the look! 
Did you notices chipboard layered on chipboard? Yep, you can do that! 

Anyway, that is my very quick two cents for today! I encourage you to rip that paper! There is always more where that came from! It's only paper. 
Don't be afraid .. it's fun! 
Thanks for coming by. 

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Sandi’s beautiful work.

Here's the July Limited Edition Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com