Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June Creative Kit Inspiration from Christine Meyer

Christine Meyer is featuring our June Creative Kit today!

--------------------

Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans! Christine joining you today here on the blog with a quick tutorial that you can use on just about any kind of layout or card!  I'm going to show you how I made the circle garlands that I used on this layout!


This is a traditional garland that I opted to use vertically to highlight my pictures.  I also cut it it up to be varying lengths and did some outlining to make certain areas pop a little more!  Here's how I created it:


Punch out 1 1/2 inch circles in varying colors


Using your sewing machine start sewing a simple straight stitch thru your first circle.


Let the thread run for a little bit in between circles and then add your next one.  I was not at all precise here - but if that is important to you watch carefully to measure your distance.  I was going for random :).


Continue adding circles in until you have finished all the colors.


Cut them up as you'd like for different lengths and add them to your layout.  As you can see above I could have just added circles but I think adding in the stitching adds some extra texture and interest instead of keeping things totally clean and simple.  

Hope you are having fun with your new kits! Keep checking in here for more tutorials and ideas on how to use those kits!

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Christine's beautiful work.

Here's the June Creative Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com