Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Step by Step Layout Tutorial by Jodi Wilton

Jodi Wilton is featuring our January Main Kit today with a step by step layout tutorial!

--------------------

Hi everyone! Jodi here today to share with you a layout I created using the gorgeous January Main Kit! I adored this kit- the papers, the patterns, the colors, were all such an inspiration when using this kit! I often use the colors of a kit to choose my photos and theme for my layout.  For this kit I immediately thought of my youngest daughters swimsuit from this past summer with the exact same colors as the kit!  I then found a sequence of photos of her eating ice cream, which I thought would be perfect!

I started off by cutting two strips 12 inches long, and two triangles wide. I adhered this to the top and the bottom of my cardstock. Because this was a sequence of photos, I wanted to create movement on the page, so I staggered my four (3 X 4) photos from the top to the bottom of the page (left to right); as shown below:


I love using really long titles and quotes that go with my scrapbooking layout, and with the alpha's in this kit, there was so many possibilities!  I decided on the quote in various colors at the top of each photo: You Scream, I scream, We all Scream for ice cream!


I then wanted to add some embellishments from the kit, without taking the focus away from the cute photos.  I added some wood veneer at the top right and bottom left corners layered with a tag and the Happy Happy Days die cut.  I then added some clear die cut arrows in the kit which were perfect over my cream cardstock:


Finally, because I like to "fill the entire page"  when I create I added some home made embellishments with my punches.  Here are the punches I used (two inch circle punch, large heart punch, and smaller heart punch)  I then used three different types of paper, and punched two of each shape out:


Above you can see how I mixed the patterned paper up!  I used foam tape to make the embellishments appear 3-D too! Here is a close up of then:


I use this technique a lot when I want to fill in my layouts! you can use just circles or hearts, stars, etc...

Here is the final layout:


I hope you enjoyed my layout tutorial today!

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Jodi’s beautiful work.

Here's the January Main Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Love this, wonderful tutorial Jodi!!