Monday, June 23, 2014

How to Alter Epoxy Word Color by Becky Litz

Hello, My Creative Scrapbook friends :)

Today Becky Litz is sharing an embellishment-altering tutorial featuring our June Creative Kit!

Here's Becky:

>>><<<

Hi Everyone! Becky here with you to share my first tutorial as part of the MCS team! Today I am sharing a quick and easy way to alter the epoxy words you will find in your Creative Kit.

When I saw the word 'cuteness' on the Heidi Swapp epoxy words in the Creative Kit I knew I wanted to use it right away. The only problem was that it is bright pink! This was a problem for me for two reasons...firstly, there isn't really any other pink in the kit, and secondly, I wanted to make a boyish layout and so the pink just wasn't working for me.


For me it was an easy fix! There was red in the kit so I just pulled out my trusty alcohol based marker. I happened to use my RED R29 Copic marker, but you could use any other brand of marker, or even just plain alcohol ink.


I just left the sticker on its plastic backing sheet and I colored all over it changing the pink to red.


I let it dry for awhile until it was no longer sticky before placing it on my layout.


Now it worked perfectly on my layout! I also used the word 'totally' from the epoxy word stickers, but since I only needed the word 'total' I just cut the 'ly' off of the word and attached it to my layout.


And here is the finished product!


Thanks for stopping by!
~Becky

>>><<<

Be sure to check out Becky's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the June Creative Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Thanks Becky, Love your layout