Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Project Life Style with the Main Kit by Lydell Quin

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Lydell Quin is up today to share how she used our April Main Kit to create a fab Project Life style spread!

Here's Lydell:

>>><<<

Hi There.  Lydell with you today and I have a tutorial to share with you which might be of interest to those of you who might enjoy the Project Life style of recording our lives, but may not have any of the pocket pages to complete it, or really want to commit to this new way of scrapbooking.

This time I created my Week 10 spread as Layouts.  Not using pocket pages at all.  It still works just as well.  And can be used for any topic where you might have too many photos to put onto a normal layout.

So here we go....

I got my 2 sheets of white cardstock out as my base.  I set it all out in front of me with in reach, but with a little room directly in front to work on the individual card pieces.

Next I cut up the Patterned paper I have chosen to use.  I cut each sheet in half (6x12), then cut that at 4 inches, (x2) so I have 3- 6x4 inch pieces.  I chose 4 patterns.  Some of those pieces can be cut in halves again to make the 3x4 Pieces.


Once I have layed out the paper as I want them, then round the corners of each piece with a corner rounder.




Start adhering the pieces down when you know where you want them


Keep the adhesive away from the edges so you can slip things behind if you need to.
And heres what it should look like all glued down.....


Now I tread each card like its own mini Layout.  The first is my Title block.
I add the week number, and the dates.  Likewise this could just be the title of your event and the date, or a quote relating to your theme....etc.

I have chosen any little elements that suit the pattern pieces and lay them out, getting a feel for where I am going.


Keep an eye on the packaging as well.....


It makes a nice background for a photo!


I cut off all the manufacturer title strips from each piece of paper,  Most have a pattern on the back side that you can use.  These make sweet little layered elements for edges of the cards.  
Just stack them and staple together.




You can add your photos and any alphas, stamps or titles you like to each.  
I tent to hadwrite my titles and journaling telling the story of each photo on each card.
Pen lines and faux stitching adds the finishing touches for me.


So here are some of the finished cards 








You can see each one is simple and sweet.

and the final Spread as a whole.


Just slip these Layouts into normal scrapbooking page protectors and you are good to go!

Hope you will give this a try.  Its a fun way to do project life style scrapbooking without changing your style of scrapping!

Until Next time.  
Have a great week!


>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Lydell's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Beautiful!!!!

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Lydell, Fantastic job on this project life tutorial. Love your designs

Lydell Quin said...

Thanks so much! :-)

OSr Group said...

I really love this post.
flush door Manufacturer in India, Veneer Manufacturer in India