Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How to Create Ombre Style Letters by Guest Designer Megan Klauer

Hello! We're kicking off our April tips and techniques with a fun alpha-altering tutorial from My Creative Scrapbook guest designer Megan Klauer who is featuring our April Limited Edition Kit!

Here's Megan:

>>><<<

Hello everyone! I don't know about you guys, but I am all about using my supplies to the fullest and coming up with unique ways to create my own out of what I have.

I am going to show you a step-by-step of how to create ombre style letters using the mistable Thickers in the April Limited Edition kit.

I choose 2 mists, a yellow & an orange which are really pretty similiar when watered down.


I sprayed the mist in a plastic product container (this was actually from the wood veneers also in the Limited Edition kit).


Using a paint brush I applied a bit of color to the left hand side. Just a small bit to start. I then used straight water and allowed the color to bleed to the left (just like you would with watercoloring).


As needed I added more color to the left and again worked on fading towards the right until I got just the look I wanted.


Again, something so simple yet a great way to extend your supplies and get a variation of results based on your color scheme.


Here I have them all together on my page to create a bold unique title.



>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Megan's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the Limited Edition Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.