Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tips and Tricks by Christin Grønnslett

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Christin Grønnslett is up today with several tips and tricks featuring our December Main Kit!

Here's Christin:

>>><<<

Hello, Christin here with a very very short little tutorial for you.  Have you ever had a paper who was just almost perfect, but not really knowing how to cover its imperfections ? Here is a little tip from me.

This paper had some white text over 1/4 of the page and I decided to cover that text with chalkboard paint. It's much darker than the original background, but as long as it isn't white it will not be visible later.


The white material you see is white tissue paper (4-5 layers) that have been cut to cover up the painted areas.


I wanted the ornaments to hang down from under the picture so I stapled them to the tissue paper and background.    I used the green twine and taped it on the back of the ornaments.


Here you will see the finished page where everything have been covered up. You may wonder how I fasten the layers of tissue paper on the sides, I took a small piece of tape on each of the layers so it would stick to each other and the background.

Here are the rest of my December projects.

For the next layout I wanted to be a little untraditional and painted the background blue.  You may wonder what's up with a blue hat for Christmas ?? Well, in Norway we had a advent calendar tv show for kids with blue gnomes living in the mountains called Jul i Blåfjell and they had blue hats like this.


On this background I stamped and embossed the black snow flakes and the rest of the snow flakes are made using a stencils and black distress ink.



And my last project is a large christmas bag for some presents that I guess will come in handy.


>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Christin's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: