Thursday, September 26, 2013

Scrap Space Inspiration by Lisa Swift

We're taking a break from our tutorials today to share a peek into the creative space of My Creative Scrapbook design team member Lisa Swift!

Here's Lisa:

Hello! Hello! Today I'd like to welcome you into my home to see where I craft and create.

When we built our house, it was with the intention of using what was "supposed" to be the formal dining room as my craft room. Our former kitchen table and chairs became my craft table and it is centered in the middle of the room. The rest of the room contains storage cabinets and wall hung display space. There's also a butler's pantry right off of the craft room. I use this as my office area and it's where I print photos, journaling, and do computer work.

So come on in and take a look...

1. This is my work table. Sometimes my daughter joins me for a chat or we do crafts together. With four chairs, there's plenty of room for everyone to keep me company. I keep frequently used supplies, adhesives and embellishments right on the table.


Another view of the table.


2. This rolling cart sits right beside my chair. The top drawer holds adhesives, containers of brads, rulers, markers and my long-neglected Dymo labeler. The second drawer is full of various stickers and rub ons. The third drawer houses a binder of older alpha stickers and the bottom drawer holds cutting and sanding tools. The tackle box on top is full of buttons, separated by color. I keep my trimmer and a container of embroidery floss and twine handy as well. The photos I'm currently working on usually sit on top of the tackle box.


3. Two Pottery Barn wall displays are to the left of the table. 


The top left shelf has mini albums and current layouts on display. Just below that are some photos tucked behind a pin board. The pin board itself holds drawings and crafts my daughter has made, along with packages of newer product. 


Here's a closer look at the shelf:


The right hand display pinboard holds more of my daughter's creations. The shelf below that holds home decor projects (and a stray layout or two waiting to go into an album).


A closer look at the display shelf:


Attached to the very bottom of the display boards (thanks to my hubby), there are curtain rods for my current "go to" alpha stickers and packaged embellishments. Items are easily removed and brought over to my work space because they are clipped onto hooks that hang over the rings on the rod.


Here's a closer look:


4. This shelf display is to the right of my craft table. The shelves hold family photos and decor. 

 

Below the shelf display is a storage cabinet that holds my ribbon stash, sewing materials, inks, extra adhesives, etc. A storage caddy on top holds product for current design team and freelance work as well as new supplies that I'm not done playing with yet.


Sitting on the floor, beside this cabinet, is a metal mesh storage cube. This is where I keep all of my cardstock and seasonal collections. Each cardstock color is stored in its own 12x12 plastic envelope (as is each seasonal collection).


5. Behind my chair is a storage cabinet, similar to the one above, holding completed albums. 


Above this cabinet is a collage of family pictures flanked by the two albums I'm currently working on (I scrap chronologically so one album is typically January through June and the other July through December) displayed on metal plate stands. Once the year is over, I label them and add them to the cabinet.


Here's a look at what I keep on top of the cabinet. The smaller basket holds a hodge podge of embellishments that don't belong to any particular theme or current collection. The larger basket holds seasonal embellishments. I like to sift through these baskets looking for items that match the theme, season or color I'm working with. The black binder holds sketches I've printed out.


6. So, where do I keep my patterned papers? Right beside my chair in a pretty market basket, all within easy reach of where I sit.


So that's pretty much it. The space where I create. Thanks for coming for a visit! Next time bring your supplies so we can scrap together. :)
 

Lisa Swift
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Be sure to visit Lisa's blog for even more inspiration!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The work space looks nice. We hope that the DYMO will have some work to do too.

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Lisa love your creative space
Thank you for sharing it with us
Love the shelves