Thursday, August 8, 2013

Working "Outside the Box" of a Project Life Page Protector by Lisa Swift

We have some August Creative kit inspiration and techniques for you today from My Creative Scrapbook design team member Lisa Swift.

Here's Lisa:

Any Project Life fans out there? Of course there are! How excited were you to hear that My Creative Scrapbook is now offering a Project Life add on?

Pam sent a Becky Higgins divided page protector along with my creative kit this month and asked me to create a two pager with the left side being a traditional 12x12 layout and the right side using the page protector.

To be honest, I was a little nervous about this assignment. Why? Because I hadn't done Project Life before (gasp!). The page you see below is my very first! I have to say I had a fun time trying out this style. In fact, when my twelve year old saw it she said that if she scrapbooked, this is the route she'd take. She thought it was pretty cool.


What made it the most fun for me was the fact that I didn't feel confined to using just the inside of the pockets. I embellished the outside too, letting some embellishments carry over from one pocket to another to create a seamless look and to tie the page together.

Let's start at the top left...

Top left: The photo corner sticker and button combo are outside the pocket, while the word "Maine" is on the inside, on the photo itself.

Top right: The sun and wave chipboard pieces are outside, while the remaining items (stickers and journaling strips) are adhered to the piece of patterned paper inside the pocket.

Middle pockets: The arrows, word stickers, clouds and ribbon are all on the outside.

Bottom left: All elements are on the inside.

Bottom right: The word stickers and bathing suit chipboard piece are on the outside.



Here's a look at the pocket page along with the accompanying 12x12 traditional page. What do you think? Are you ready to try your hand at working "outside the box" of your Project Life page protectors?

Lisa Swift
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Here's our August Creative kit:


and here are more of Lisa's beautiful projects using the kit:



Be sure to see Lisa's blog for even more inspiration.

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: