Thursday, August 29, 2013

Creating Texture with a Die Cut Paper by Marilyn Rivera

Hello! My Creative Scrapbook design team member Marilyn Rivera is sharing one of her awesome techniques today featuring our August Limited Edition kit!

Here's Marilyn:

Hello everyone! Marilyn here to show you step by step how I created this textured background with a die cut paper and molding paste in my page "Love" that I created with the August Limited Edition kit. Let's get started...



I selected the "Ceremony"paper from the August Limited Edition kit and made a slit then I added a piece of "proposal" paper to cover the opening.


I have this 12 x 12 die cut paper by Basic Grey and I used it by the backside like a mask. 


With a spatula I applied molding paste 


It should looks like the photo, I gave it a "V" form with the molding paste not even.


Then carefully remove the die cut paper


You can see all the textures and the pretty design here



After the molding paste was dry, I painted the design with chalk inks in three different colors.


Then I did the same process in the slit sides, I put the die cut paper around the slits and I applied the molding paste.


Let it dry and start to paint the design with the chalk inks, once you painted it, it's time to decorate your page with all the beautiful flowers and embellishments from the kit.

Closer details...




I hope this inspire you!! Go for this Gorgeous kit...HERE
Until next time!
Marilyn Rivera
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Here's our August Limited Edition kit:

(Click here to purchase our Limited Edition kit)

Have a look at more of Marilyn's beautiful projects using the kit:




Be sure to visit Marilyn's blog for even more inspiration!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: