Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How to Add Texture Using Joint Tape by Christin Gronnslett

We have some beautiful Limited Edition kit inspiration and techniques for you today from My Creative Scrapbook design team member Christin Gronnslett.

Here's Christin:

Sometimes it’s fun to go hunting at home for exciting new stuff to add texture to your layouts. We are renovating at home and I found a joint tape – that looks like mesh – in the basement and I thought it would be cool to use it. Have seen others use it previously but I never knew we had some in the house.


I started spreading a thick layer for gesso on my page and put it aside to dry. Then I cut pieces of the joint tape here and there.


I didn’t want my whole page to stay sticky so I added clear gesso on top of the tape.


Then I stamped and added some drops of mist.


Final layout – a layered layout.


Christin Gronnslett
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Here's our July Limited Edition kit:


and here are more of Christin's beautiful layouts using the kit:



Be sure to see Christin's blog for even more inspiration.

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer.

No comments: