Thursday, June 13, 2013

How to Create Masculine Flowers by Kristin Greenwood

To view or purchase our kits, click here.
For our sketch challenge (deadline: June 14), click here.
------------------------------

My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Kristin Greenwood is sharing her masculine flower-making technique featuring our June Album kit!

Here's Kristin:

"I really wanted to add a few flowers to my layout... I needed them to be masculine since the layout was about my husband and little boy!

I decided to make them with the corrugated paper that comes in the kit!

I traced two of the canvas flowers (that are included in the kit) on the back of the corrugated paper and cut them out.



I distressed the edges with my distress tool.


I ran a colored ink over the top of the flower.


I cut the trim into 4 inch sections.


I rolled the trim and glued it at the end.



I adhered the two layers of the flower together and the trim on top. I also inked the edges with brown ink."



Kristin Greenwood
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Here's Kristin's completed layout using her flowers:


Here's the June Album kit:

and here's more of Kristin's beautiful work using this kit:









Be sure to visit Kristin's blog, here, for even more inspiration.
Thanks for visiting today!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: