Friday, June 7, 2013

How to Color Foam Letter Stickers by Lisa Swift

To view or purchase our kits, click here.
For our sketch challenge (deadline: June 14), click here.

------------------------------

We're kicking off our designers' tips and techniques this month with a Thicker-coloring how-to from My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Lisa Swift featuring our June Main kit!

Here's Lisa:

"When I was working on this layout, I wanted to use the white foam Thickers that came with this month's main kit for my title. As is though, they were too stark. I colored the letters, using chalk inks, to match the colors in the Mayberry collection.


I removed the letters I was going to use from the backing sheet, and transferred them to a small piece of waxed paper. Waxed paper allows the letters to stick, but they're also easy to remove. Be sure to leave a bit of space between the letters so you have room to work.


I inked up a wedge-shaped makeup sponge (you can use one sponge for multiple colors as long as you use a different edge each time), and used it to apply color to each of the letters. Chalk inks add a nice, soft color. If you want the letters a bit darker, apply another layer of ink.


After the letters dried for a bit, I lightly pressed a paper towel against each one to remove any excess or undried ink.

Now the letters were ready to be placed on my page and I had a colorful, customized title versus a plain, all-white one."

Lisa Swift
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Here's the June Main kit:


and here's more of Lisa's beautiful work using this kit:




Lisa also designed with our Creative kit this month:


Check out her adorable Creative kit designs:





You can see more of Lisa's work on her blog, here.
Thanks for visiting today!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: