Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Creating Cards with Custom Patchwork Paper by Helen Tilbury

We're back with an awesome card-making tutorial from My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Helen Tilbury featuring our February Limited Edition kit (this is our fourth post today- please scroll down to view our previous posts).

Here's Helen...


1. I used premade 'blanks'complete with envelopes to make for speedy creating.


2. I chose pretty sections of the patchwork paper I had created & cut it to fit the card, making it slightly smaller all round then reduced it another 3/4"on the length, cut it into 2, then adhered it with the space in the centre, which is where I placed the ribbon/bow.


3. I inked the edges with dark brown ink, tied the bow around, securing the ends with tiny glue dots.


4. To finish off the cards I added a sticker sentiment on the ribbon on the right hand side & a large flower above the bow.


Using this recipe one can make many cards quickly!


------------------------------

Helen Tilbury
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------
Please visit our Design Team Gallery for more layouts, cards, and projects from our designers!

We invite you to join us and experience all of the fun and excitement that we have coming for 2013.  Click here to find the My Creative Scrapbook kits.

No comments: