Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chevrons, Flower Altering, and Letter Detailing by Becky Litz

My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer Becky Litz is here today to share some wonderful techniques that she used on her work with our January Main Kit.

Here's Becky...


1. To make your own chevrons, cut 2 strips that are 1.5 x 3.5 inches.


2. Flip the pieces over and draw 45 degree angles and cut along the lines.



3.Make sure each piece has angles going alternate directions.


4.When you cut off the angles, you get these fun triangles...I think I'll save them for another project.


5. Arrange the chevrons how you like and attach them to your paper.


6. I machine stitched mine down for dimension and texture.


------------------------------

The pearl centers of the flowers included in the Main kit didn't really go with the style of my LO so I simply pulled them off (carefully) and added buttons from the kit in their place.





------------------------------

I found that the letter stickers included in the kit didn't stand out against the patterned paper as much as I wanted them to, so I simply used a thin tip brown marker to trace around the letters.



 ------------------------------

Becky Litz
My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer

------------------------------

Check out more of Becky's beautiful creations using our January Main kit:



Have a look at our Design Team Gallery for even more layouts, cards, and projects from our designers!

We invite you to join us and experience all of the fun and excitement that we have planned for 2013.  Click here to find the My Creative Scrapbook kits.

No comments: