Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Altering Lace Color by Lou Collins

We have My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Lou Collins with us today sharing her lace coloring techniques using the January Limited Edition Kit.

Here's Lou...


In every Limited Edition Lit I receive, there is always a collection of gorgeous ribbons and lace. Although occasionally they would suit the project I am making more by being a different colour. So here is a really quick an easy way to alter the colour of your fibres to suit.

I lay down my ribbon or lace onto a scrap of white paper. (White gives you a true final colour result)

For a strong colour, I run an inkpad over the lace in sweeping motions along the length ensuring and even coverage. For a more subtle, gentle colour, I use a foam applicator and build the colour up.


 
So there it is...simple! Using this technique you can change the colour to any you have in an ink, or even try misting the ribbon. Don't forget to allow a little drying time so you don't transfer any colour onto your page in unwanted places!

My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

We'd love to share more of Lou's beautiful creations using our January LE kit with you today:


Check out our Design Team Gallery for even more inspiration.

We invite you to join us and experience all of the fun and excitement that we have planned for 2013.  Click here to find the My Creative Scrapbook kits.

No comments: