Sunday, July 29, 2012

Making the Most of Kit Products with Romy

Design Team member Romy Veul is sharing three wonderful techniques today for making the most of the kit products.

Here's Romy...

I really loved the banner and birdies in the main kit this month, so I wanted them to be prominent on my layout. To make them stand out a bit more, I simply outlined the banner, the text and the birdies with a black fineliner.


----------------------------------------

One of the sheets in the LE kit has gorgeous doilies printed on it. I thought they deserved a layout all for themselves and just had a lot of fun layering the fussy cut doilies on my layout 'Zomerfan'. This is how I made the doilies in the photo below:
1. Fussy cut the doilies with a precise knife. 
2. Layer them using foamtape for some beautiful dimension in your layout.
3. Decorate them with bling (which is also included in the LE kit) and liquid pearls.
 

----------------------------------------

I always love the lace that Pam includes in the kits and I just have to use it till the last bitPosted Image This is what I did with the lace in the LE kit this month.

I first added some lace behind the layer of punched paper on my layout. Since the lace is pretty broad, I didn't need it entirely, so I actually cut the lace in half.


With the other part of the lace that I had left-over, I made a double bow to use on my second layout:

No comments: