Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Limited Edition pocket by Jolaine

Being a teacher myself, I know how hard teachers work so I'm always looking for cute ideas to show my daughter's teacher how much I appreciate her. I decided to make her a pocket full of treats for Valentine's day. I really like how it turned out, and I'll share how it was created...

Posted Image

I began by scoring a glassine bag, then measuring my bag. I knew I wanted my bag to stick out a little bit for a more handmade look. The bag I'm using is 7X4.5 and was purchased on Ebay.

Posted Image

I then cut a piece of brown cardstock that measured 6X10 and scored it at 4 inches. That will create a pocket that is 6 inches tall in the back and 4 inches tall in the front to nicely display our bag of treats.

Posted Image

Next, cut two pieces of coordinating pattern papers a quarter of an inch smaller for each panel. That means we'll need a piece of paper that measures 3.75X5.75 for the front and a second piece of pattern paper that measures 5.75X5.75 for the back panel.

Posted Image

I inked both pieces of paper with Tea Dye Distress Ink before adhering. I also used hot glue to attach some lace to the front border.

Posted Image

Instead of glue, I used my sewing machine to stitch around the bottom and sides of my pocket.

Posted Image

Finally decorate as desired. I used pearls, rub-bons, flowers and the little metal frame included in the kit. The sentiment inside the frame was printed onto pattern paper by combining two different font styles on my computer. I also decorated the bag after filling it up with Dove milk chocolates.

Posted Image

I hope you liked this tutorial. I really enjoyed creating this fun pocket, it was really easy and I hope you give it a try!
Jolaine

No comments: