Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Meet Our June Guest Designer

The excitement is certainly building as the date of the big reveal draws nearer. You will not believe the kits that Pam has assembled for this month. One word... A-MAZ-ING! Know what else is amazing? Our guest designer for June. Yepper-Do! We are thrilled to have in our midst, the most A-MAZ-INGLY talented Lucy Edson!

Hi everyone!

It seems like I have been crafty all of my life and have always loved color. I started scrapbooking after becoming a mom and watching my photos pile up. I wanted to incorporate my photos into my artwork – I had been doing mixed media for about 6 years and have sewn and dabbled with stained glass, painting and quilting for years, and scrapbooking was a natural progression. I immediately fell in love with scrapbooking and combining techniques from other crafts. I still love mixed media and often create OTP projects combining all of my favorite things, fabric, photos, paint, and stitching.

I have been married for 14 years to a wonderfully supportive husband, Mark and we have a 4 year old daughter, Emma, who provides so much inspiration for my artwork. We live in a small town in north Florida and enjoy going to the beach and rivers. My family is first in my life and I love sharing my life with them.

This hobby has certainly changed my life more than I ever imagined. The wonderful friendships and sharing community have presented many great opportunities and I’ve been able to design and share my love for being creative. I have been fortunate to be a frequent contributor to Somerset publications with my artwork and tutorials. I can’t wait to see what the future holds! You can follow my work on my blog: Lucy's Crafty Life. Thank you to My Creative Scrapbook for this designing opportunity! I loved working with the gorgeous colors in the kit!

No comments: