Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meet Our December Guest Designers

As we enter the month of December, all of us at MCS want to wish everyone a joyous holiday season full of magical moments and scrappable memories. Pam and her designing elves have been very busy in their workshop preparing for the big day... the day December's kits are revealed. No peeking! You'll ruin the surprise!

While you're waiting, why don't you settle in with some cookies and milk and read a bit about our guest designers for December.

Please welcome Designer Elf, Jackie Anderson.

I have lived most my life in the beautiful mountains and deserts of Utah where the landscape is as varied as the people are homogenous. In my life I have been a SAHM to three little boys, a dog, three cats, two miniature bunnies, and a duck (all at once), a single working mom, and a working mom of a combined family that included his two teenage girls, my two teenage boys and my little tail ender son trailing five years behind; oh, and two cocker-spaniels and three cats!

I've worked as a GED teacher, an eighth grade English teacher, a newspaper reporter and spent one year as a VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) over-seeing the local chapter of our state’s Bringing Hope to Single Mom’s NPO. I am currently semi-retired, working half days as a classroom facilitator at the Utah State University satellite campus. I have been married to my dear sweetheart for fifteen years now. Our family continues to grow as we welcome daughters and son-in-laws. I am the grandmother of a nine-year-old girl and a two-year-old imp.

It was my brother who introduced me to the world of scrapbooking when an office staff member held a party in her home nearly fifteen years ago. I was hooked from the beginning, cutting all our family pictures into hearts, ovals, circles and stars with various deco edge scissors and plastering pages with adorable stickers. When I look at my pages now compared to then I am simply amazed at how far this hobby turned obsession has come.

And Designer Elf, Tara Orr!


I fell into scrapbooking in the fall of 2008 while trying to write and design a personalized book for my son's 4th birthday gift. After visiting my first real 'scrapbooking' store I was in awe and completely overwhelmed with the amount of different papers, embellishments and products to choose from. I completed my first layout in November of 2008 and have been addicted ever since.

Scrabooking is an escape for me - my down time. It allows me to combine my love of crafting and photography with my artistic nature. I enjoy each and every second of the creative process involved in taking a layout or project from start to finish.

My design style is constantly changing and I am always looking for new techniques to try. I tend to gravitate towards rustic-vintage/shabby chic with lots of distressing! I am inspired by wonderful photos (of my 3 kids mostly) and awesome patterned papers. I have been fortunate enough to have several of my layouts published and my blog featured a handful of times. I am currently on the design teams for Scrapbook Star, and MyKi and a Staff Member at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. I am honoured to be working with My Creative Scrapbook this month and look forward to working with their uber talented design team.

Visit Tara's blog - Each Moment, Only Once

No comments: