Friday, May 12, 2017

Come check out Monique's Process!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook fans! It's Monique here today and I'm so excited to be sharing my step-by-step tutorial with you. The MCS May Main Kit is once again sooo fabulous! I adore the Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" collection that is featured and love all the bits and pieces that were also included in this kit.

Here's the layout I created for today. The photo is of two of my nephews. 


As this was the fourth layout I created with this kit I had lots of and lots of leftover strips of paper. I really don't like wasting scrapbook paper I love so I decided to create a page using mainly these leftover strips. Here's what I did:

1. Collect all the left-over strips of paper. Mine were between 1 cm and 3 cm wide (approx between 0.5" and 1.5"). Make sure the strips aren't longer than 6" (15 cm). 


2. Select the tools & products you might use: 


3. Cut or punch a little "v" in one end of the paper strips:


4. Determine the middle of your background sheet and arrange the strips on the left and right side of it. I made little pencil marks to keep a straight line, which I'll remove later on. Use only a little bit of adhesive to adhere the strips to your background, so you'll be able to move them around if necessary. 


5. Use your sewing machine to stitch two vertical line over the paper strips (in this photo you can also see my pencil marks which mark the centre of my page):

6. Remove pencil marks:


7. Next mat your photo and choose one of the cards from the Bowl of Dreams "Bite Sized Bits" sheet and adhere both the photo and the card to your page. Now comes the fun part! The embellishing!! 

Here are a few close-ups of my finished page. I used the fabric AC Sotheby's Thickers for my title. On two of my other layouts I colored these letters, but as I thought that this layout is already colorful enough I decided to leave them as is. 


I love using ribbon on my pages (even if it's only a little piece like here) as it adds just that little bit of extra texture. 


Even though I used a boys photo, I think using flowers is perfectly justified (don't know if they agree though, lol).


This is it!! Hope you like it and if you give this a try I would love to see it! 

Wishing you a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by to have a look at my project!
xoxo
Monique

No comments: