Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Detailing with Color and Floss by Missy Whidden

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Missy Whidden is up today with some really terrific color and floss detailing techniques featuring our January Creative Kit!

Here's Missy:

>>><<<

I just love these little wooden word bubbles in the Creative Kit!  They're so easy to add color to so you can customize each one to match the colors in your pages.  I used two on this page, and I colored them in different ways.  I used a bottle of mist to color the green one and some acrylic paint to color the orange one.


Here's a little tutorial on a few different ways you can add color to them:


Another fun technique I have recently fallen in love with is adding the look of "messy thread" to my pages.  And it's not really even thread...it's floss, which is a lot cheaper.  I used it on these two pages.


I have so many colors of this $.35 a piece floss in a plastic container.  Here's how I pull it apart to make it look like thread.


It's a fun way to add a little bit of color to your pages, and you can get any color imaginable!

Here are my final two pages using the Creative Kit.  I just loved working with all these fun products!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Missy's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: