Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tips and Techniques by Guest Designer Becky Williams

My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer Becky Williams is here with several really great tips and techniques for you featuring our April Main kit. 

Here's Becky...

One of my favorite things to do when scrapbooking is using patterned paper as embellishments on pages and other projects.

This is a great way to stretch your kit and gussy up your pages.

On my layouts using the April Main Kit I used this technique in a variety of ways.

First, in my "Learning to Fly" and "Hello Spring" layouts I hand cut doilies from the Maggie Holmes paper.



I used the chevron paper as page accents in a couple of different ways:

First of all I used the stripes on my "Learing to Fly" layout. I cut two strips and added them to the bottom of my layout and then layered the pictures and other embellishments on top of that.


I also used the chevron striped paper by trimming a narrow strip and cutting along the lines in different widths. I used both sides of the paper in alternating pieces on my "23 Months" layout. I simply folded the strip in half and stapled it in the center.


Each of the papers in the Maggie Holmes collection has a scalloped pattern on the tear strip. I trimmed some of these and used them as embellishments on my "Wish" layout.


Another tip:

One of my favorite parts of the Main kit are the cute diecut images. In order to help them last longer I cut some of them in half so that the part that would typically be covered up by other layers could be used on on additional projects. I cut tags that were behind pictures so that I could use part above and part below as well.


Becky Williams
My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer

------------------------------

Here's our April Main kit that Becky used to create her layouts:


Here are Becky's beautiful Main kit layouts!





Thank you for joining us this month, Becky!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: