Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Masking Technique with Zoe

Hello everyone!  We hope you've been enjoying the wonderful tips and techniques that the design team has been sharing.  If you've had a chance to try any of them, we'd absolutely love to see your creations uploaded to our gallery!

Today design team member Zoe is showing us a fantastic masking technique.  Here's Zoe...

I really loved the Chevron paper in the May Album kit... So I decided to use it as a mask... You get 2 of each sheet so if you have some chevron left over as scraps this is the perfect technique for you to try.




I also cut a border from another sheet within the kit and adhered it to some white cardstock.  I then laid down my chevron shape.


Now ink lightly to achieve the masked effect.  I used weathered wood distress ink from Ranger.


Layer the chevrons.  You can do as many or as little as you like.


Finish up your layout as you normally would... and you have an awesome background which adds so much depth to your projects :)

No comments: