Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rachael...How to alter Thickers with gesso

I wanted the AC thickers to blend more into my pages so the black was too bold so I gave them a bit of a make over...

1. I stuck all the characters that I needed onto the plastic packaging that the MME buttons came in.
2. Then I sponged a layer of gesso over them all, I find sponging give a better coverage and also leaves each character with a great texture.
3. When the gesso was dry I sponged a thick layer of white crackle paint over each one and once they started to crack gave them a blast with the heat gun (just be careful with the plastic packaging!!)
4. Carefully peel each character off and ink the edges.

Posted Image
Rachael

1 comment:

Sandie said...

This is a gorgeous snapshot, love what you have done with the Thickers.