Friday, July 29, 2011

How did I do that ...Hilde embroidery on yoru pages!

If you love to add some great touches to your page, you should try embroidery!
I love to embroider on my layouts. Simple border around the page, or around a photo.
On this page I created leaves and a swirl.

Posted Image


First I always start to draw the image with a pencil. This way you can erase it when you make a mistake.
Then I use a thick needle to create the tiny wholes.

Posted Image


Then with embroidery thread you just sew your own created images.

Posted Image


Here you can see a closeup of the leaves. Since I didn't have darker green thread at this moment my leaves didn't show as much as I would loved too.
So I added some pearl drops on the thread.

You can create so many images with embroidery thread! Flowers, swirls, little accents you name it!!
Have fun!!

3 comments:

Pendra said...

This is so beautiful! TFS!
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful! TFS
I too love to use embroidery thread on my layouts.

Michelle said...

My many years of cross stitching has left me with a TON of embroidery floss. I don't stitch as much as I should on a LO.. This is wonderful!! Thanks for the reminder.