Friday, August 28, 2009

Meet Our September Guest Designers

All of us at MCS are so very thrilled and honored to have had the opportunity to work with these two amazing women this month. You will not believe the awesome stuff they've created with their kits! You'll be able to see these creations in just a few short days. In the meantime, however, why don't you take a moment to learn a bit more about these talented ladies.

Juliana Michaels

I am married to my best friend & love of my life Danny. I work full time as a physical therapist in a local hospital. We have a horse named Woody (However, it's actually my husband's horse!). I love to spend my free time with my husband, working out, cooking, reading, remodeling our new home, & of course scrapping! I have always enjoyed taking photos and recording memories. Anyone remember those old magnetic albums?! I have also always enjoyed making things and working with my hands. I have done a little bit of everything when it comes to crafting, but every time I would make something I couldn't help myself from thinking "How many doilies does one person need?!" When one of my best friends introduced me to scrapbooking nearly 12 years ago, I immediately knew that I had found a creative outlet with a purpose! I discovered that I could work and play with color, texture, & dimension as well as design composition and incorporate these with my photos and memories to create something that I could enjoy for years to come. Scrapbooking is such a natural fit for me and to say I am addicted to it is probably an understatement! I am so excited and thrilled to be a guest designer for My Creative Scrapbook this month!

Visit Juliana's blog - 17 Turtles

Debbie Weinhold

I've always loved to play around with crafts but never really zeroed in on a particular one. It was about 7 years ago, after I walked into a scrapbook store and saw all the beautiful paper and embellishments, that I immediately fell in love with scrapping. Since then I have become even more addicted, allowing the craft to take over my life and a room in my home.

I have two adorable grand children that I love to use as my scrap subjects. Since they are usually the focus of my layouts I have a tendency to create bright & colorful pages; because that's what I hope their childhood is... bright, colorful, cheerful, and happy.

I don't believe that I can be classified as having a certain 'style' since I tend to go with the flow, scrapping however the photos tell me. Yes, my pictures talk to me! LOL!!! Seriously, I just scrap how the picture makes me feel.

I love this craft and want to do it forever. And I fully intend to!

Visit Debbie's blog (still under construction) - Been There, Scrapped That!

No comments: